Photo Courtesy of Rae of Sparkles
The ultimate OMG moment happened this week: I was nominated for the the One Lovely Blog Award by my dear friend Shauna! This girl has an amazing blog (which you should absolutely check out) called Rae of Sparkles, and it has all of your creative and DIY needs! So go take a peek at it, because as the holidays approach (and as you’re trying to save some $$$), I guarantee she’ll have some amazing and festive craft ideas. Plus, everyone loves a little hand-made surprise (including, but not limited to, your wallet)!
The rules of the award are as follows:
- Thank and link back to the awesome person who nominated you. (Thank you, Shauna!)
- List the rules of the award. (Which I’m obviously doing as you read!)
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate other bloggers and comment on their blogs to let them know.
So here it goes. Seven things you never knew about Megan Linney.
- When I was 3, I had 7 imaginary children which I strategically left in Mexico when we went for a family vacation. They all had names, and I buckled them into the car every, single day. Thank goodness for Suburbans.
- My dad is one of nine kids, which gives me 16 aunts and uncles and 22 cousins on his side alone. There’s no such thing as “a small, low-key family gathering” in my life (especially as we continue to grow!). I love it that way, and I wouldn’t change a thing (besides the constant harassment when I have boy drama or something embarrassing happen in my life; the latter is frequent).
- I peaked in high school. Hands down, without a doubt, I was so much cooler pre-2012. Which is horrifyingly sad, considering I wore white tees under my tanks (darn, dress code), and had a bobbed haircut only fit for a soccer mom.
- My life dream (besides being the worlds’ greatest soccer mom, minus the minivan–the haircut started me young) is to write my own novel. I have no idea what it’ll be about or if anyone besides my mom will read it, but I know it’s something I want to do. I’ve got a lot to say and a lifetime to say it. So no rush, right?
- I travel everywhere with a keyboard (or a few…). It’s actually an obsession. And this one, my friend, is all your fault. I hate typing on my laptop because carpal tunnel is all too real, and I never know when I’ll get the urge to draft a post. Thus, I travel with a full-sized Apple keyboard, a keyboard for my iPad, and if you count the keyboards that already exist on my laptop, iPad and iPhone (on the screens), I’m pretty sure that’s a total of 5 keyboards. I told you it was an obsession…
- When I was 16 my first car was a 2001 Lincoln LS. This is what I mean by it’s sad that I peaked in high school (even with a Lincoln). My ride has since upgraded to a Honda Civic Hybrid. I don’t know if that makes me any cooler, but your children can defintely thank me for my eco-freindly considerations.
- I have addictions to the following: food, Lulu Lemon (my bank account hates me $$$), boba, online shopping, shoes, sleep and just about everything peaches (they’re just oh, so sweet!).
Now that you know more about me than you’ll ever need to (or wanted to), here are some amazing blogs that I suggest you check out in your spare time:
- Life As Pecks Knows It is written by an adorable friend of mine, Pecko. It’s great if you need a little pick me up, or if you’d like to put a little sunshine in your day.
- My dear friend Erika writes a trendy lifestyle blog: Bearika Rose. It’s a fun read, and it’s a great glimpse into the life of a pretty incredible twenty-something. Take a peek 🙂
- Minna May Blog is a daily read for me. It has a little bit of everything: beauty, style, upcoming trends and of course some much-needed girl insights on life. I love your blog, Minna!
Thank you Shauna for making me divulge all of my life’s secrets (okay, maybe not all; I’m not that one-dimensional), and for honoring me with this award! You’re such a sweetheart; can’t wait to see you over the holidays! 🙂
Keep doing you, my beautiful readers.