May I go back? Like all the way? All the way to the beginning of May? Please?
I don’t know how it happened, but somehow the month of May waltzed right past me, and I didn’t even notice. I’m not totally sure, but it may have been because I was (simultaneously) doing the following:
- Studying for my four final exams. Yes, I said four. As if Constitutional Law wasn’t enough…
- Packing up all of my clothes to take home for summer. Let me just say: 54 pairs of shoes. I’ll let your imagination take you from there.
- Cleaning my entire apartment. But, shh don’t tell my mom or she’ll think I’m actually capable of keeping my room clean.
- Training for PAC 12 Championships. If only I could express the exhaustion…
- Driving back and forth between the San Francisco Bay and LA multiple times. One of which included taking Highway 1 for a beautiful (but terrifyingly long) drive home. I’ve never wanted to set foot on home soil so badly.
- Turning twenty-one. Yes, you heard me: TWENTY-ONE! That deserves a blog post all to itself, so more on that in the days to come. But let me just say: #bestbirthdayever thanks to my family and friends! I’m truly blessed.
- Cutting my hair to an appalling (yet weirdly refreshing) new length and adding a little color to lighten things up. The anticipation of my new look is killing you, I’m sure.
- Starting a new (and crazy-busy) internship that’s on East Coast time (while living in CA). Hello, early mornings! I’ve been going nonstop, but loving every second of it.
- Trying to stay alive and survive the everyday battle that is life. Ya feel?
So, my deepest apologies for my absence on the blog lately, but I’ve been
a little super busy. As I’m getting into my summer routine (what a hard life, I know), I’ll definitely be frequenting my corner of the blogosphere a lot more. I don’t know if you missed me, but I definitely missed you.
I’m envisioning a grandma squeezing the cheeks of a 12-year-old and hugging him so tightly (against his will) that he can barely breathe. I’ll be that grandma. #noshame #atall
Glad to be back and excited to keep doing me. Stay happy, friends.